Places

Ferences templom


Franciscan Church

Next to this house you can see the single-naved Rococo Franciscan Church built in 1730. More Shorter

The church and the monastery (today housing the St Francis Old Priests' Home) was rebuilt after the fire, another storey was added and the building was attached to the church. 

There are Italian paintings above the carved panelling of the dining room, decorating the walls for more than 200 years. The gilded statues of St Emeric and St Ladislas can be seen by the high altar. There are several religious paintings on the vault. The poet and Pauline monk Pál Ányos was laid to rest in the crypt. There are Italian paintings above the carved panelling of the dining room, decorating the walls for more than 200 years. The gilded statues of St Emeric and St Ladislas can be seen by the high altar. There are several religious paintings on the vault. The poet and Pauline monk Pál Ányos was laid to rest in the crypt.

Address: 8200 veszprém, Vár street 33
Phone number: +36 88 426 088
Open: not open for visitors